The Van Hise PTO supports both classroom activities and school-wide events and programs. Your support is vital to the PTO’s continued success.
The following list contains some of the many ways you can get involved at VHE, but the possibilities are endless. We welcome fresh ideas for ways you could share your energy and interests. If you aren't sure how to get started, please email LéAndrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for sharing your time and talents!
2016-17 Volunteer Opportunities
- PTO Board Member: The Board always needs new energy and new ideas. Meetings are the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 8:00pm. See the calendar for dates.
- Box Tops for Education: Cut, count, assist with contests.
- Outdoor Learning: Contact email@example.com.
- Backyard Bites: Contact farms, chop and distribute produce, write educational handouts.
- Benefit Nights: Marketing materials for events.
During School Hours
- Library: Tasks assigned by Mrs. Prager, VHE Librarian.
- Book Room: Tasks assigned by Mrs. Nelson, VHE IRT.
- Noon Hour Aid: 11:45–12:45 supervise lunch and playground.
- Picture Day: Assist photographer.
- Vision Screening Day: Assist Nurse.
- Tutor: Contact Principal Peg Keeler.
- Classroom Volunteer: Contact your child’s teacher.
- Academic Success Nights (Sep/Oct): Serve food.
- Winter Dance (Nov): Serve on committee.
- REAP Taste of Wisconsin Fundraiser: Take orders, collect money, distribute.
- Carnival (Jan): Staff games, serve food, sell tickets.
- Van Hise Yearbook: Layout & design, sales, coordinate printing.
- Multicultural Night (March): Provide food, help serve, clean up, or share your culture.
- Book Fair Volunteer (March): Set up, cashier, clean.
- Science Night (Apr): Set up, clean.
- Art and Craft Fair (Apr): Help plan event, assist vendors, distribute marketing materials, assist with event, or participate
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation (May): Plan appreciation activities, donate food/door prizes; serve/clean up after staff lunch.
- Ice Cream Social (May): Plan event, serve ice cream.
- 5th Grade Graduation: Planning committee.
- Incoming Kindergarten Playdates: Welcome new kindergarten families.