Observe All Street Signs and Obey all Traffic and Pedestrian Laws:
- “No Parking” areas do allow for drop off or pick up, BUT you cannot leave your car unattended!
- “No Stopping, Standing or Parking” means just that. Student drop off/pick up is NOT allowed In these areas.
- It is illegal to leave your car unattended in a fire lane.
- It is illegal to park within:
4 feet of a driveway
10 feet of a fire hydrant
15 feet of a crosswalk
30 feet of a stop sign
- According to state law, motorists must yield the right of way to pedestrians crossing a street at any marked or unmarked crosswalk where there is no traffic signal. Pedestrians do not have the right of way when crossing mid-block. Please use designated crosswalks.
- It is illegal to double park to drop off/pick up your child, even if you remain in the car. This disrupts traffic and is not safe.
- The speed limit drops to 20 mph whenever you approach and drive through a school area.
If You Walk to School:
Always use the crosswalks and crossing guards to cross streets—do not cross mid-block. Cross Waukesha St only with the crossing guard.
If You Bike to School:
A pupil who brings a bicycle to school does so at his/ her own risk. Bicycle riders should observe the following rules:
- Students must park their bicycles in the bike racks.
- All bike riders should wear helmets and lock their bikes.
- Loitering in the area bicycles are parked or tampering with bicycles is prohibited.
- Students must be in at least 4th grade to ride their bicycle to school without being accompanied by an adult. The Principal may approve individual written requests by a parent/ guardian of a younger student.
If You Drive to School:
We encourage parents to park, drop off, or pick up a couple blocks away. This helps reduce traffic congestion and gives your children additional exercise. If you do park, drop off, or pick up your children near the school, follow these guidelines.
School side: The area signed “No Parking” (shown as cars with open passenger doors) is for dropping off and picking up while remaining with your car. Pull forward as far as you can so other drivers can use the area behind you. Do not leave your car unattended in No Parking areas. Do not drop off in any areas signed “No Stopping Standing Parking.”
Across from school: Park or drop your child off, except in areas signed “No Stopping/Standing/ Parking”. Children and adults should always cross Waukesha with the crossing guard! Adults should set a good example and also cross with the crossing guard when they are not with their child.
The area signed “No Parking” (shown as cars with open passenger doors) is for dropping off and picking up while remaining with your car. Pull forward as far as you can so other drivers can use the area behind you. Do not leave your car unat-tended in No Parking areas.
The rest of the street, except for the area near the crosswalk, can be used for parking if you need to leave your car.